Pages

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Back in the Saddle

It has been 3 weeks since my last post and I need to pick myself up and get going again. Life is too short to waste and Shirley would tan my hide if I stayed in my shell any longer. To jumpstart this blog I am reposting the card I made for her family with details this time.


The floral vine is from a gorgeous set by Papertrey Ink called With Sympathy. The butterfly is from a Verve set called Enjoy and the sentiment is from StampinUp. Shirley loved Pink or Peach with green so that was my color scheme.

The cardstock I used was SU's Blush Blossom, Always Artichoke and Groovy Guava as well as Neenah's Classic White. I stamped the vine with SU's Always Artichoke and the flowers with Dusty Durango then colored with Prismacolor markers.

The label was cut from Blush Blossom using Making Memories Slice and the Studio Essentials design card. I stamped the sentiment in Always Artichoke, dusted the edges with Blush Blossom and attached the label with crystal brads that were colored with a Prismacolor marker. The butterfly was stamped with Groovy Guava, Dusty Durango and Chocolate Chip then cut out. I stamped the antennae in Chocolate Chip directly onto the card front then mounted the butterfly in place with Dimentionals.


I have a handful of cards and things that I have worked on over the last few weeks that I will be posting over the next week or so. Several sketch challenges from Splitcoast and Verve, 2 technique pages from this years Stamp Club as well as the projects from Stamp Club. Hope you come back.

Til next time...

2 comments:

utahrose said...

It's SO GOOD to see you posting again! I missed you! I probably told you this before, but I'll say it again - gorgeous card! Thanks for the details.

xrciznuts said...

I agree with utahrose. It's good to see you posting again. I missed you too. I'm glad you posted details about this beautiful card. I had no idea you used so many different oranges.

I can't wait to see you post the rest of your most recent cards. It will be interesting to see if your camera will capture the beauty of the actual cards since I've seen them first hand. Then we can add photography to your many talents.

(((Hugs)))
Kim Smith