Pages

Friday, September 25, 2009

Reversed Acorn

Did you know that acorns are dark and the little hats are light? Obviously I didn't until I looked at a neighbor's oak trees but I think my version is prettier. Isn't this just the cutest acorn? I keep wanting to put eyes and a goatee on it. It's from Papertrey Inks First Fruits set. The card is based on Splitcoast's sketch SC242 but I made a minor change to make the final card more balanced. The background was stamped with SU's Woodgrain stamp then sponged with Creamy Caramel and Walnut Stain Distress Ink. The cardstock used was SU's Always Artichoke, Confetti Cream and Creamy Caramel and the inks were SU's Always Artichoke, Chocolate Chip, Creamy Caramel and Distress Walnut Stain. Spellbinders Rectangle dies were used for the center 2 panels and their mats. The Flourished leaves on the side panel are from Papertrey Inks Fall Elegance and the rest of the stamps used are from their First Fruits set.


Til next time...

No comments: