Saturday, October 31, 2009

Emboss Resist

September's Card Club Technique was Emboss Resist. For the technique, we rolled the Stamping Wheel in Versamark, rolled it onto Glossy cardstock,embossed with clear embossing powder,brayered on black ink then wiped off excess ink with tissue.
To complete the card, the sentiment was stamped with black ink on a piece of Dusty Durango which was then mounted to a piece of Going Gray. I dusted with edges with Basic Gray then attached 2 black brads near the bottom. The Haunted House was stamped with Black ink on a piece of Basic Gray then colored with Watercolor crayons and an Aquapainter. The edges were dusted with Basic Gray then the piece was mounted to a piece of Going Gray that was dusted with basic Gray. The tree with owl was stamped 3 times across the top of the card with Basic Gray ink.

To complete the technique page I stamped a background in Basic Gray using stamps from Inkadinkadoo and dusted the edges with Basic gray. The spider web and haunted house were cut using the Spook Alley Design card in my Slice. The instruction piece was dusted with Lovely Lilac.

Til next time...

Stamps:SU-Haunted Hill Wheel, House of Haunts set; Inkadinkadoo
Ink: Versamark, Basic Black, Basic Gray, Lovely Lilac
Paper: Basic Gray, Going Gray, Lovely Lilac, Basic Black, Barely Banana, White,
White Glossy, Dusty Durango
other: Clear Embossing Powder, Brads, Paper Piercer, Brayer, Watercolor Crayons,
Aquapainter, SU Black Grosgrain, The Slice, Spook Alley Design Card.

Friday, October 30, 2009

September Swap Using August Technique

Our Card Club Swap for September had to use the technique we did in August which was Masking & Reverse Masking. I got a little carried away with it and used 3 masks but it was fun and rather easy once I got the sequence down. I used my Spellbinders dies and Eclipse tape to make my masks. I covered a scrap of cardstock that was 4 1/4 X 5 1/2 with the Eclipse tape then centered the scalloped oval face down on it. I taped the die down with removable tape to hold it then centered the plain oval die inside the oval and taped it in place before running the whole thing through my Big Shot. To make the card, I covered the front with the 4 1/4 X 5 1/2 inch mask and the scalloped mask, leaving just the center oval uncovered. I stamped the grapes in Adirondack Espresso and sponged the other edges of the oval with Antique Linen Distress Ink. I applied the oval mask to the center then removed the scalloped mask. I sponged the scalloped band with Sahara Sand, stamped the crackle in Sahara Sand then replaced the scalloped mask. Finally I removed the largest mask, stamped the scroll in Rich Razzleberry,distressed with Antique Linen nearest the scallops and Walnut Stain and Rich Razzleberry around the outside edges then removed all masks. I colored the grapes with Prismacolor markers and outlined the scallops with SU's Sahara Sand and Soft Suade Markers.

Stamps: SU-Fruit Stand, Baroque Motifs; Stampers Anonymous Crackle Creative Block
Ink: SU Rich Razzleberry, Sahara Sand; Distress Antique Linen, Walnut Stain
Other: Spellbinders Scalloped and plain ovals; Eclipse Tape; SU Markers- Sahara
Sand, Soft Suade; Prismacolor Markers- 147, 129, 168, 197,187,28

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Autumn Technique

This year, at our Stampers 10 Card Club, we are doing 6x6 Technique Pages each month along with a project that uses the technique. Then we have to use the technique for our Swap for the following month. Our first meeting of the year was in August and our technique was masking. I did most of my stamping at club then took everything home for assembly because I had a few changes I wanted to make (so what else is new) I used the large wheat stamp from JidiKins for my page background and dusted the edges of the instructions with the same inks as used in the sample. I trimmed my sample piece down so it would fit on the page better, snipped with a notched corner punch, wrapped it with pearl cotton then mounted it to Chocolate Chip. I left the masked piece full sized for the card but I liked the look of the pearl cotton so I repeated it for the card.

Stamps:SU-All Holidays, Autumn Days, Farm Life; Judikins-Wheat Sheaf
Paper: Crushed Curry, Dusty Durango, Soft Suade, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla
Ink:Crushed Curry, Dusty Durango, Soft Suade, Chocolate Chip
Other:SU Ribbon, Scallop edge and Notch corner punches,Brads, Paper Piercer & DMC Pearl

Wednesday, October 7, 2009


I've been playing with more of my Papertrey Ink stamps. I really like their sets and need to use them more. This card was made using their "First Fruits" set and Splitcoast's SC245. The main card was stamped using SU's Aida Cloth on Dusty Durango with Soft Suade. The horizontal panel was stamped repeatedly with a stamp from First Fruits on River Rock with Soft Suade and looks like printed paper when done. The right side of the piece of Apricot Appeal was cut with a Kaleidoscope Border Die from Spellbinders and sponged with Dusty Durango while the border die was still in place. The wheat was stamped with Soft Suade onto Naturals Ivory then cut out with a Spellbinders Labels 4 Die and edged with Dusty Durango.
I wanted to wrap the ribbon just around the panels and not the main card front so the panels had to be assembled first. I laid the card front down then covered it with a page protector and assembled the rest of the card on top of the page protector. Once the panels were assembled I peeled them off of the page protector, wrapped my ribbon around this unit then mounted it to the card front. To finish the card, I stamped the sentiment onto Naturals Ivory in Dusty Durango, punched it out with SU's Modern Label punch, dusted the edges with Dusty Durango and mounted to the bottom right with Dimentionals.

Til next time...