Friday, October 30, 2009

September Swap Using August Technique

Our Card Club Swap for September had to use the technique we did in August which was Masking & Reverse Masking. I got a little carried away with it and used 3 masks but it was fun and rather easy once I got the sequence down. I used my Spellbinders dies and Eclipse tape to make my masks. I covered a scrap of cardstock that was 4 1/4 X 5 1/2 with the Eclipse tape then centered the scalloped oval face down on it. I taped the die down with removable tape to hold it then centered the plain oval die inside the oval and taped it in place before running the whole thing through my Big Shot. To make the card, I covered the front with the 4 1/4 X 5 1/2 inch mask and the scalloped mask, leaving just the center oval uncovered. I stamped the grapes in Adirondack Espresso and sponged the other edges of the oval with Antique Linen Distress Ink. I applied the oval mask to the center then removed the scalloped mask. I sponged the scalloped band with Sahara Sand, stamped the crackle in Sahara Sand then replaced the scalloped mask. Finally I removed the largest mask, stamped the scroll in Rich Razzleberry,distressed with Antique Linen nearest the scallops and Walnut Stain and Rich Razzleberry around the outside edges then removed all masks. I colored the grapes with Prismacolor markers and outlined the scallops with SU's Sahara Sand and Soft Suade Markers.

Stamps: SU-Fruit Stand, Baroque Motifs; Stampers Anonymous Crackle Creative Block
Ink: SU Rich Razzleberry, Sahara Sand; Distress Antique Linen, Walnut Stain
Other: Spellbinders Scalloped and plain ovals; Eclipse Tape; SU Markers- Sahara
Sand, Soft Suade; Prismacolor Markers- 147, 129, 168, 197,187,28

No comments: