Pages

Monday, September 21, 2009

It's sketch time Verve Style!

For the first sketch of September I tried to keep things clean and simple. The twist was "little round things" so I chose polka dots and balloons. The card base is SU's Not Quite Navy with a panel of Neenah's Classic White. I cut panels of Barely Banana, Bashful Blue and Gable Green, stamped them with the polka dots from Verve's Bountiful Backgrounds in their respective ink colors then edged them using the large scallop border embossing punch from EKSuccess. I layered the scalloped panels, wrapped white grosgrain ribbon from Michael's around the top, attached a partial bow with a pearl brad from K & Company then attached the unit to the white panel.I stamped the balloons from Verve's Party Time on a small white panel in Memento black ink then colored them with Prismacolor Markers,matted it with Bashful Blue and mounted it to the top right corner of the card. Stamped the sentiment from Party Time on the bottom left in Bashful Blue. I can NOT believe I created a card with absolutely NO disressing!!

Til next time...

No comments: