Pages

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Waltzing Mouse

Last week I received 2 stamp sets, Celtic Heritage and Irish Blessings, from Waltzingmouse Stamps in Ireland. Besides being very talented, I find Claire Brennan to be warm, funny and generous and just plain delightful. I finally managed to squeeze in time over the weekend to have a go at these new stamps. I had the whole card designed in my head but just couldn't decide what color to use for the main card itself so I did 2 versions. Now that I see them here, I think I like the white one better.

The decorative ends on the label were made with 2 coordinating corner punches. Punch a corner with each of the 2 punches then neatly trim away from the rest of the cardstock. Trace onto another color of cardstock and cut out slightly smaller. Stack the 2 pieces and Voila... very nice accents to coordinate with the border punch.


Cardstock -SU Bashful Blue, Elegant Eggplant, Lavender Lace, River Rock; Neenah Classic Crest Solar White

Ink - Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ice Blue, Wisteria; SU Mellow Moss

Punches - Martha Stewart border; EK Success Corner punches

Other - Scor-Pal; Spellbinders Labels die, plain squares

No comments: