Pages

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Major Mojo - Verve July Week 1

I have been having such a great time playing with all my new stamps I haven't taken the time to post anything here to share. My bad! One of my recent purchases were several sets from Verve. I discovered that Verve posts a weekly "Sketch with a Twist" on Splitcoast Stampers. This first card was my initial design for the 1st week of July's sketch. The twist was to use distressing.
The colors are SU's Mellow Moss, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla and Bashful Blue. The Chocolate Chip panel was embossed with a Quickutz Embossing folder, punched with a Fiskars Embossing Border Punch then highlighted with Brilliance Galaxy Gold. The Very Vanilla panel, the ribbon slide label and the Fleur de Lis were cut and embossed with Spellbinders dies.

While I liked this card, I thought I could take it up a notch so I cut the ribbon slide label from Chocolate Chip, embossed the sentiment in gold and used a gold organdy ribbon. I also tucked the Fleur de Lis behind the upper right corner of the Very Vanilla panel.Tomorrow I will be posting the card I made using the Sketch with a Twist for the 2nd week of July.

Until then...

No comments: