Pages

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Verve Challenge Week 4

Viva La Verve Sketch With a Twist for Week 4 of July involved using vellum. I LOVE using vellum. I have done many styles of Parchment craft with vellum - Tarjeteria Espanola, Tarjeteria en Pergamino, Brazilian Cartoes Rendados, Pergamano and I teach it hence my user name for Splitcoast Stampers "TarjTeachR". I love the lace look you can achieve by embossing on vellum. After doing this card I have a real itch to get out my parchment tools and do a full blown, traditional Parchment card.

The background, Lavish Lace by SU (1997), was stamped on white in Pixie Pink. The large vellum circle was cut and embossed with Spellbinders Contemporary Hearts Medallion, mounted to a Passion Pink circle then a Chocolate Chip scalloped circle. Stamped the flower from Verve in Pixie Pink on white, cut out and mounted in the center.
The smaller circle was cut with a plain circle die, embossed with the medallion center from the Contemporary Medallions set then the border of diamonds and posies was hand embossed using the diagonal grid from Pergamano. I then pierced 4 holes in between each diamond and posy and cut into crosses. This piece was then mounted to a Close to Cocoa plain circle and a Chocolate Chip scallop circle.
For the rectangular centerpiece I stamped the floral silhouette from Verve in Chocolate Chip on a Passion Pink plain rectangle then mounted it to a Chocolate Chip scallop rectangle.
The sentiment by SU was stamped on white in Pixie Pink, cut with SU's Word Window punch then mounted to a Chocolate Chip piece cut with SU's new Modern Label punch.

Til next time...


1 comment:

xrciznuts said...

I can't wait for you to start your Pergamino class! Did you put me at the top of your list?