Pages

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Birthday Wishes - Verve July Week 3

Today I did my Verve Sketch with a Twist for Week 3, the Twist being Score Lines. I also incorporated Color Challenge 214 from Splitcoast Stampers which was to use Bordering Blue, So Saffron, Pink Pirouette and Chocolate Chip. The Sketch included a bow so I thought I would use a paper bow using a template from Hot Off the Press instead of ribbon. All in all I like the simplicity of this card as well as the color combination.

Using the Scor-Pal, I scored diagonal lines on the Pink Pirouette base then embossed the floral vine on the wide Chocolate Chip strips with the Cuttlebug and scored double lines on the narrow piece of Chocolate Chip that will act as my ribbon.

I stamped the background stamp from Verve's Wishful Elegance on the Bordering Blue piece in the same color ink. The sentiment is from the same stamp set and I stamped it in Chocolate Chip. The bow was traced onto Chocolate Chip, cut out and folded then held together with a crystal brad that I colored with yellow alcohol ink.

Hope you like. Til next time...

No comments: