Pages

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Wedding in Black and White

May's Card Club Challenge was to make a wedding card. That's pretty easy so I decided to challenge myself by using a color scheme that I have never used – black and white. I cannot believe how difficult it was for me to use these 2 basic colors. After several failed attempts, I finally accepted this one.

I stamped French Script in Soft Silver Shadow Ink on white cardstock, punched one short side with Fiskars All a Fleur Embossing Border Punch then sponged the punched edge with more Soft Silver Shadow Ink. I stamped the heart from StampinUp's Ever After set in black in the upper left corner and the Lilies of the Valley along the right punched edge. I wrapped a piece of white satin ribbon 2 ¼ inches in from the left side. Stamped sentiment from Very Versatile in black on a scrap of white and punched out with large oval punch then inked edges with Soft Silver. Mounted oval to label that was cut from the Matchbox Bigz XL Die then embossed with Textile Cuttlebug folder. Added white satin ribbon tails to each side of label and mounted over lower center. I mounted the whole piece to black cardstock. I felt it was still missing something so after much deliberation I finally added some pearls to the stamped heart and called it good.

No comments: