Pages

Monday, April 20, 2009

Sketch Challenges 218 & 219

I dug through my collection of scrapbook papers and pulled out this one from My Minds Eye. Using it as my base, I cut the large rectangle from the reverse side with the long deckled rectangle from Spellbinders then paired it with Not Quite Navy, Really Rust and Confetti. I used a combination of stamps from StampinUp's Flower Fancy, Wonderful Watercolors and Springtime Stems using Not Quite Navy, Always Artichoke, Really Rust and Chocolate Chip inks. I finished it off with the large Fastenator Staples from EK Success.

I tried a different way of inking my edges using the Inkssentials Ink Blending Tool from Ranger with the Non-Stick Craft Sheet. It gives a much softer look and you can control the amount of fade. You can probably use a makeup sponge and the back of the image sheet from the Stamp-a-ma-jig but I'm a sucker for doodads.


I've had this next paper from My Minds Eye in my stash for several years and it just begged to be used for this sketch. I also used one of my newest border punches from EK Success that store flat when not in use. Great idea!!! I believe they call it the Scallopped Scallop. Stamped using SU's Fall Flair in Groovy Guava and Old Olive. Used Groovy Guava for the card base and ribbon from American Crafts.

Neither of these cards have a sentiment. Since I never know if they'll be used as a Birthday, Get Well or Thanks You card until I need them, I just leave space to add a sentiment later. If I know a special event is coming up for a special friend I will sit and make a special card just for them. However, my husband and father-in-law tend to wait until the last possible moment to ask for a card so I keep a stash of blanks "Just in case"

No comments: