Pages

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

April Card Club

At this months card club meeting we got to play with the new goodies in StampinUp's Occasions Mini Catalog. We made a Mother's Day card using the outline stamps in Soft Summer, with the dogwood(?) branch as the focal point and the fluffy weed thing (?!?!) for the background on the card base. The colors were supposed to be Almost Amethyst, Certainly Celery and Apricot Appeal but the Apricot just wasn't doing it for me so I was able to switch it to Barely Banana. We watercolored the Dogwood by coloring with the crayons directly onto the paper and then spreading and shading with the blender pen. I then showed how I can get a softer effect when inking the edges by using the foam applicator and the non-stick sheet. Kim, our fearless leader and SU Demo, then tried the same technique with a makeup sponge and the image sheet from the Stamp-a-ma-jig. Well Poop!!! Why didn't I think of that BEFORE spending the money on the applicator and craft sheet?!?!? Live and learn. Anyway, the card is based on Sketch Challenge 224.
We also played with the matchbox die and the coordinating stamp set. Needless to say I had to have it ALL!! And I ate far more malted milk eggs than what went into the matchbox.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, you didn't eat enough of the milk eggs! There was still some left on the table for when Margot came over Saturday. She ate more than half of them and then MADE me take them off the table. Guess where I put them? Right next to me and I ATE them! All! ROFLOL! We had fun though didn't we? I love the Barely Banana in place of the Apricot Appeal. Kim Smith