Pages

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Verve-a-licious!

Managed to squeeze in some stamping time and I am doing the happy dance. Using the Viva la Verve Sketch Challenge with an Edgy Twist for Week 2 of August, I came up with this little number. I stamped the background piece with Versamark Dazzle in Frost and I just wasn't dazzled. Fortunately the ink stayed tacky longer than I expected so I was able to dig out a jar of Pearl embossing powder, sprinkle it on and have it stick. It looked really cool besides until I realized that I had to try to stamp a sentiment onto that embossed background. Back to digging into the 3 drawers of embossing powder that I was going to get rid of. Ha!! My hoarding has been justified!! So a little punching here, some embossing there, some ribbon and a bow and I ended up with a very presentable card.

Til next time...

Stamps: Sonlight Crackle Backgrounder, Verve
Paper: SU Elegant Eggplant, Almost Amethyst; Curious Iridescent Cryogen White
Ink: SU Elegant Eggplant; Versamark Dazzle
Embossing Powder: Judikins Pastel; Ranger Adirondack Eggplant
Other: EK Success Border Punch; Spellbinders Plain and Scallop Ovals

No comments: