Pages

Sunday, August 2, 2009

How to Ruin a Good Sketch

For July's Stamp Club Swap I wanted to use Card Positioning Systems CPS124 No problem there, it's a great sketch. The problem was the Swap Theme -Vacation. I just wasn't feeling it. I mean, who the heck makes a card for a vacation? So after hours of struggling I came up with this. Everyone said they loved it but I think they were just being kind but at least it does remind me of Oregon.

After getting some other obligations out of the way I decided to redeem myself and come up with something worthy of that sketch. Holy Cow & Hot Tamale can I fly when I'm not constrained, especially by something I don't like! I pulled out punches and ribbon, my watercolor pencils & stamp positioner and went to town with my new Waltzingmouse stamp set. Now this is more like it! Claire of Waltzingmouse Stamps often ends her blog posts by saying "Hope it tickles." Well this definately tickles me. Hope it does you as well.

Til next time...

Paper: SU Very Vanilla, Certainly Celery, So Saffron and Soft Suade
Ink: SU So Saffron, Soft Suade, Ranger Archival Sepia
Other: Ribbon- SU Certainly Celery; Fiskars Border Punch; Staedtler Watercolor Pencils

No comments: