Anywhoway... Last weeks Art Journal Project was to a) Use just one color b) Be inspired by a single shape and c) Use something from around the house. I did 2 of the 3. I couldn't think of a single thing around the house that I could use.
I chose hexagons because they remind me of chicken wire (I'm obviously obsessed with all things Chicken) and bees. The shades of yellow just seemed to go with the honey bee theme so I went with it.
In order of execution:
- Apply book page to mixed media paper with matte medium
- Gesso the whole page
- Randomly stamp hexagon outlines (Papertrey Ink & StampinUp)
- Mask previously stamped hexagons
- Randomly stamp patterned hexagons all over page and emboss with clear embossing paper. (Papertrey Ink and StampinUp)
- Airbrush with Copic markers starting with lightest shade of yellow in upper right corner, working down towards lower left corner using medium shade and ending with darkest shade.
- Use Tim Holtz Honeycomb stencil and alcohol dampened applicator to remove some ink here and there.
- Use alcohol and cotton swabs to remove excess ink from embossed hexagons
- Remove masks, journal in and around white hexagons and stamp a few bees (PITT pen, StampinUp bees)
- Using UmWow's hexagon confetti mask, apply a mix of white and gold embossing paste here and there (Dreamweaver, Wendy Vecchi)
- Stamp, die cut, color and embellish large bee and mount in lower corner. (StampinUp bee and die, Copic Markers, Glossy Accents, Donna Salazar Pralines & Cream glitter
P.S. If you read my last post, the UmWow mask did give me a sharper, higher profile with the embossing paste that I really like on this piece.
Til next time...