Pages

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Metallic Ink Resist

I happened to pop in on my friendly StampinUp Demo just as she was checking out the Workshop Wow DVD she picked up at the convention last week and got to see this technique demonstrated by Heather Summers. I was intrigued and just had to try it myself.

You pour a small amount of the metallic All Purpose Ink onto a paper plate then dab it onto your cardstock using a scrunched up piece of plastic wrap, leaving plenty of white space.


Allow the ink to dry, then sponge on dye ink over the metallic ink.  Wipe excess dye ink off of the metallic with a tissue.

Once that is dry, you stamp over it with a solid stamp.  I used Archival Ink so you can see traces of the metallic through it.  I plan on trying it with StazOn to see if that will make a smoother, more opaque impression.

To finish the card I made a smaller piece of the resist for the sentiment panel.

You can try this technique with a detail line stamp and used sponges to color the image in.

Sources: Tsukineko All-Purpose Ink (Frost White); StampinUp Cardstock, Dye Ink & rubber stamps; Ranger's Archival Ink; Spellbinders dies; pearls from Michael's

Til next time...

1 comment:

xrciznuts said...

That turned out very nice! We need to finish that video. There's some more wows we need to try.
Kim S