Pages

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Scoring Techniques

I wasn't feeling too well the night of October's Card Club meeting so I stayed home. If I was coming down with something I didn't want to spread it to the rest of the group and besides, my SU Demo is one of my closest friends. By Saturday I was feeling fine and she needed to use my sewing machine so she just brought everything I needed to complete the projects over with her.
The technique page was fairly simple. I just had to use my Scor-Pal to score a grid on the 6x6 background piece, a border design on the 1.5x6 band, punch out the labels, attach the ribbon to the band and assemble. I sponged some Dusty Durango and Soft Suade onto the background piece, dusted the edges of everything with the same two colors but that grid was just begging for a little something extra so I used some small motifs from 2 Papertrey Ink sets and stamped them in Dusty Durango, Soft Suade and Creamy Caramel. NOW it was ready for assembly.
For the card, I scored the grid onto the Creamy Caramel and then dusted with Vintage Photo Distress Ink, wrapped the ribbon around it and then mounted it to the card front. The sentiment was stamped onto Very Vanilla with Chocolate Chip then punched out with the large oval punch and attached to Pumpkin Pie and Dusty Durango ovals cut with the same punch. All ovals were dusted with Vintage Photo, a crystal brad attached just below the sentiment and then the unit was mounted to the upper left corner of the card.
The pumpkin vignette was stamped on Very Vanilla with Stazon Black then watercolored with a blender pen and SU markers. It was then cut out, mounted to Dusty Durango, cut out again slightly larger, dusted with Vintage Photo then mounted to the lower right of the card. The final touch was a ribbon knot attached just to the left og the vignette. There was also a Christmas card but I spilled something on it so...

Til next time...

Stamps: Papertrey Ink- Simply Stationery, Background Basics Stars; SU Holiday Best, Gifts of the Earth.
Ink: SU Dusty Durango, Soft Suade, Creamy Caramel, Chocolate Chip; Stazon Black; Vintage Photo Distress Ink.
Paper: SU Very Vanilla, Creamy Caramel, Pumpkin Pie, Dusty Durango.
Other: Scor-Pal; SU Large Oval, Modern Label Punches, Dusty Durango Ribbon, Blender Pen, Markers and sponge.

No comments: