Pages

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Emboss Resist Swap

I just love this technique and I love these colors. I recently bought SU's Razzle Dazzle after it finally dawned on me that it coordinates so well with all the "Bella" sets and it insisted that I ink it up. I used White Craft ink and Sparkle embossing powder on Very Vanilla then cut it out with a Spellbinders circle die. The border piece, which was done with Bella's Border Wheel used the same ink and embossing powder and was very easy to center since all my wheels are unmounted. I sponged a combination of Pale Plum, Perfect Plum and Bashful Blue on both pieces then cleaned off any excess ink with a paper towel. The Very Vanilla card was embossed with SU's Flourish Embossing Plate. The Rich Razzleberry pieces were cut out then embossed with the Cuttlebug Textile Texture embossing folder. For the Card Club Swap I stamped "For You" in Rich Razzleberry on Bashful Blue, cut out with an oval punch then mounted to a slightly large Very Vanilla oval. The day after Club, my Fancy Tags die set arrived. Isn't that always the way? I just had to see how it would look so I stamped my sentiment in Rich Razzleberry on Bashful Blue, die cut and embossed it then, while it was still in the die, I used a sponge dauber with Rich Razzleberry to lightly dust the center oval and darkly ink the designs on the sides of the tag. I just mounted it over the excisting ovals which gives it a dimentional look.

Til next time...

Stamps: SU Razzle Dazzle, Bella's Bloom, Bella's Border Wheel, Great Friend
Ink: SU Craft White, Rich Razzleberry, Perfect Plum, Pale Plum, Bashful Blue
Paper: SU Very Vanilla, Rich Razzleberry, Bashful Blue
Other: SU Photo Corners & oval punches; Spellbinders plain circles, Labels 3, Fancy Tags; Cuttlebug Textile Texture embossing folder; SU Flourish Embossing Plate; Hero Arts Sparkle embossing powder; sponge daubers & papertowels.

No comments: