Pages

Sunday, May 15, 2016

Spinning In Circles AJA Wk3

Wow! Almost didn't get my post done.  Gramps turned 94 yesterday so we bought a sheet cake for the Memory Care staff and residents.  We also replaced the recliner in Gramps' room with a much nicer one that is easier to keep clean. They had him all cleaned, shaved and wearing the new clothes we had dropped off the day before and he was one happy camper. Between that and all the chores we had done in the morning, we were pretty tired by the time we got home and had dinner so here I am at 5 AM trying to crank this post out.

For Week 3 of the AJA we were to work with circles. I began with a wash of Dylusions paint in White and Fresh Lime followed by White, Cut Grass and Vibrant Turquoise through Donna Downey's Bubble stencil. I have no clue why I chose these colors but they worked.

Next I cut circles out of a sheet from a Paper Studio pad to fit into the largest bubbles leaving about a 3/8 inch border around each one. The paper circles were applied with Matte Medium then, once dry, shaded with a gelato in Iced Rose and highlighted with a large white PITT pen. I outlined the lightest of the stenciled bubbles with a fine black PITT pen and highlighted them with the large white PITT pen.

The final step was to doodle around the paper circles with assorted sizes of black PITT pens and a white Molotow paint pen. Added a little journaling around the bottom left circle, signed and dated the page and I was done.

So there you have it. Post number 3 is done and on schedule. Yay me!

Til next time...

No comments: