Pages

Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Let's Try This Again

It's been an extremely long time since my last post and it would take at least a dozen posts to catch you all up on the highlights so I'm just going to dive right into the present.


This was me Sunday and it's a bit of an improvement over the last few years! I had major oral surgery on Friday to remove the last of my teeth and reconstruct the inside of my mouth. This should bring an end to a lot of my medical problems and let me get on with my life. Just have to unload some of the tremendous stress my husband and I have been dealing with.

I have been doing a lot of mixed media, art journaling and card making since my last post to keep me sane but just didn't have the time or energy to photograph, video record or post about it.


I am currently participating in the Joggles' 2016 Art Journal Adventure which is a year long, 52 week project. We are in Week 18 and I am only a week behind so that is pretty good for me. I am hoping to post the week's project on Sundays and add a post or 2 from my other projects on a monthly basis. We shall see. As for videos, I will need to be able to talk before I can do those unless I just play music and add captions. Not up to it at the moment so won't worry about it.


Barb, our fearless leader at Joggles, chose to do this adventure in the Dylusions square kraft Creative Journal which is about 8 by 8. Since I just completed 30 double page spreads in a very large Moleskine journal, I decided to give myself a break and use the Dylusions Kraft 5 by 8 Creative Journal. I am finding it both enjoyable and challenging working in the smaller format.


Our first page was simply a title page using Distress sprays as watercolors (Broken China, Seedless Preserves), a paintbrush, PITT pens, metallic gelly roll pens and I added my General's Sketch and Wash Pencil for shading the letters and numbers.

I wet the areas where I wanted color, dabbed those areas with the 2 spray stains and let dry.


Penciled in the year and the title then went over them with a black PITT pen. Also doodled in some diamond shapes with the PITT pen. Painted in the letters and numbers with the same spray stains. Filled in the diamonds with a gelly roll pen. Added shading to the letters and numbers with the General's Sketch & Wash blending it out with a waterbrush. Signed, dated and called it good.


Til next time...







No comments: