Pages

Friday, September 16, 2011

Monochrome Madness

Verve's Get Your Diva On challenge for September was to create a monochromatic card. I told Sankari that her challenge had me both stumped and intimidated at first. How do you even decide what color to go with? But then the light came on and I was off and running.

My first card (A) went together, zip, zap, zip once I had the color scheme figured out. I had been dying to use those loopy flowers from Verve's Making a Statement set as well as the leafy sprigs from Sunny Days and I love to antique things. Give me some Distress ink, a non-stick mat and one of Tim Holtz's blending tools and I could blend away for hours. I was quite pleased with the way it turned out but then it hit me - Why don't I try and take it up a notch or 2?


For the second card (B) I used the same color scheme (don't know why they came out different in the photos) and layout but used a different DSP, made lace flowers, sprayed some parts with Perfect Pearls Mist and added a lot more pearls. I honestly don't know which card I like better but I think I'll be doing more monochromatic cards in the future.

Stamps: Verve- Wishful Elegance, Sunny Days, Making a Statement (A); SU - Teahouse

Paper: SU - Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla (A), Bella Bleu DSP; Curious Iridescent Poison Ivory (B)

Ink: SU - Crumb Cake, Soft Suede; Ranger - Frayed Burlap Distress

Dies: Verve - Leafy Sprigs, Loopy Blooms; Spellbinders Ovals - Plain & beaded

Other: Michaels - Pearls; SU - lace; Ranger - Perfect Pearls Mist

Til next time...

2 comments:

utahrose said...

Very classy! Great job, Katie!

xrciznuts said...

Gorgeous! Pictures are nearly as gorgeous as in real life. Well Done!
Kim S.